- Contact Us
Advancing and supporting the arts for the benefit of the Kansas City region
The Arts Council of Metropolitan Kansas City has developed programs that are available to any company in the metro area – programs that invite artists into your work place and programs that lure them out. The Arts Council is a not-for-profit organization serving the five-county region; including Clay, Platte and Jackson in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte in Kansas.
They provide programs and services to arts organizations, artists and the business and civic communities aimed at:
- Increasing funding for the arts and culture from diversified and sustainable sources
- Increasing awareness of the arts and their impact on quality of life issues in our community
- And establishing the arts as integral to economic development and other key civic and business initiatives
Some of their most well known programs include; the ArtsKC Fund, Kansas City’s united arts fund, Art@Work, corporate arts challenge, Now Showing, a program matching local artists looking to show their work in corporate spaces, and Artist, INC., a professional development program for artists.
Additionally, Americans for the Arts’ Partnership Movement provides a guide to the eight reasons the arts are good for business by clicking here.
America’s Creative Crossroads
Kansas City is driven by creativity. Authentic, innovative and inviting, Kansas City is a thriving national hub for arts and culture. Sparked by energy and ingenuity that spans multiple generations, sectors and industries, Kansas City is “America’s Creative Crossroads.”
Did you know we have a legacy of artistic and entrepreneurial innovation spanning more than 125 years? Today, the Kansas City metropolitan area has one of America’s most inventive and creative cultures. A new collaborative campaign, titled America’s Creative Crossroads, highlights the Kansas City area as an intersection of artistry and technology. It is designed to elevate the Kansas City region in the minds of potential residents, visitors, talented professionals and businesses. America’s Creative Crossroads is working to put Kansas City on the map, to make our region a lifestyle and business destination, as well as a hotbed for top talent.
In 2010, with the opening of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts on the horizon, the Arts Council, along with the Kansas City Area Development Council, the Kansas City Convention and Visitors Association, the Downtown Council, the Arts Council of Johnson County, and the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, developed this collaborative regional messaging platform. The mission of this campaign is to attract more visitors, residents, businesses, to participate and benefit from arts and culture in the Kansas City region.
- MT (@KCBizJournal): Google Fiber picks #KC to test business service: http://t.co/E9qNvjWLOL #KansasCity #KCbiz #googlefiber, 23 hours ago
- RT @KCBizJournal: .@LightEdge's opening is the start of something big at #KC's @SubTropolis: http://t.co/2QiIZPOr9R #KCbiz @HuntMidwest, Apr 15
- The @SprintCenter has been recognized as the 4th Busiest Arena in the United States and 14th worldwide! http://t.co/qjiuLrySvY, Apr 15
- Network with local #KansasCity tech startups at @TechCocktail's Mixer & Startup Showcase tonight: http://t.co/YeQ6TUq010., Apr 15