- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
KCMO Start-Up Scene
The Startup Scene in Kansas City has been ignited!
Business Solutions KC Start-Up Scene
As Google continues to build their high-speed Fiber network in Kansas City, more startups are moving into the neighborhood to make the most of it!X
Entrepreneur Resources in KCMO
- The Kauffman Foundation is among the largest private foundations in the US with an asset base around approximately $2 billion, and supports area entrepreneurs.
- The Digital Sandbox provides innovators with proof-of-concept resources to support early-stage commercialization
- 1MillionCups is a free, weekly, national program that started in Kansas City through the Kauffman Foundation. It is designed to educate, engage, and connect entrepreneurs.
- The Bloch School is an AACSB accredited business school founded in 1952 at the University of Missouri-Kansas City with a top entrepreneurs’ program.
- The Regnier Institute is a nationally ranked program through the Bloch School geared toward entrepreneurship and innovation.
- The ArtsKC Awards Luncheon, an annual event, brought over 600 leaders in the business, civic, and arts communities together to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of those who drive Kansas City’s arts community.
- The Sprint Accelerator is a three-month, immersive, mentorship-driven startup accelerator.
- Kansas City Startup Village is an entrepreneur-led community helping to grow and support KC entrepreneurs and the startup ecosystem.
- ThinkBig helps companies grow faster, smarter, and more efficiently through a network of in-house services, community members, and national partners.
- KCSourceLink helps aspiring startups and established small businesses find the right resources to start, scale, or accelerate.
- Kansas City was the 6th city to join Techweek conferences, which will take place from September 14-20 in downtown Kansas City.
- PipeLine Entrepreneurs is an exclusive community of entrepreneurial leaders building high-growth companies in the MidWest region.
- Missouri Small Business Development and Technical Center MO SBTDC experts can help you. The Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Centers (MO SBTDC) help businesses in every stage. From concept to start-up, growth to renewal, mature to succession. We are here to help you succeed at every point. MO SBTDC experts are located statewide.
More KCMO Start-Up Resources
Local Startup events may be found at fwdkc.co
- #STEM is vital to the #kc community. The stage is set for explosive growth via Leo Morton @UMKansasCity #medfakc2015, 12 hours ago
- Celebrate the links between UK & KC w/ events covering biz, politics, culture & sport: http://t.co/J4PFwugOsX http://t.co/1NKmcNEM1Q, 15 hours ago
- 'This project has already began to pay off before completion' - Joe Perry, @portofkc on @NorthPointDev Three Trails http://t.co/UDKMqFcKG9, 16 hours ago
- Joe Perry, VP @portofkc, discussing the useful tools for #EcoDev that the Port Authority of KC offers. http://t.co/b5lbRZdQk0, 16 hours ago
- Kansas City, Missouri, Named One of America’s Best Cities for Global TradeBy EDCKC Staff on October 1, 2015
- LaunchKC Grant Competition Winners Announced During TechweekKCBy EDCKC Staff on September 27, 2015
- Where Are They Now? Cornerstone Finalist St. Michael’s Veterans CenterBy EDCKC Staff on September 24, 2015