- Contact Us
KC Start-Up Scene
The Startup Scene in Kansas City has been ignited!
As Google continues to build their high-speed Fiber network in Kansas City, more startups are moving into the neighborhood to make the most of the new service!X
The first neighborhood to get Google Fiber, known on the map as Hanover Heights but locally as the Kansas City Startup Village, is the new home of early stage startups co-locating near one another to collaborate, leverage resources and to build a community based around growing a tech business.
Leap2 is among the first wave of startups moving to the village. In early November, the company — which was founded in 2011 — moved its offices from a non-Google Fiber neighborhood in Kansas City to a connected one. The KC Startup Village consists of other companies such as Local Ruckus, Eye Verify, Threedee, Trellie and Form Zapper, as a part of an initiative to make it a new startup tech hub. Homes for Hackers, whose mission is to further the business community in Kansas City by offering 3 months of rent-free, Google Fiber-connected startup space to entrepreneurs, is also part of KC Startup Village.
“We’re seeking like-minded, local/regional/national startups who are interested in locating (or relocating) their business to the Kansas neighborhoods of Hanover Heights and Frank Rushton and/or the Missouri neighborhoods of West Plaza North and West Plaza South,” the KC Startup Village organization notes on its website. It’s also encouraging businesses in the region to use the hashtag #KCSV on Twitter to spread awareness about the grassroots initiative.
- Is your biz showing its support for the #Royals or letting employees wear team gear? Send the @KCBizJournal photos: http://t.co/Lk2pMMvcP9, 7 hours ago
- RT @Royals: #WorldSeries ready. #TakeTheCrown http://t.co/K8Eywyn4nk, 7 hours ago
- .@KCBierCo expands distribution to entire metropolitan #KC area: http://t.co/DM9epu8jir @KCBizJournal, 10 hours ago
- RT @Royals: Finishing touches. #WorldSeries #TakeTheCrown http://t.co/oN4FnR2KiW, 13 hours ago
- Think Big Partners is thinking BIG with 75% more space for entrepreneurs!By EDCKC Staff on September 27, 2014
- Bringing New Life to Historic Buildings in Kansas CityBy EDCKC Staff on September 19, 2014