- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Kansas City is Boosting Tech Start-Ups!
How can Kansas City help tech startups?
What is LaunchKC? LaunchKC is a series of initiatives by the City of Kansas City, Missouri, in partnership with local businesses, to develop startup companies in downtown Kansas City.
LaunchKC is the culmination of months of meetings with successful IT entrepreneurs, and civic and business leaders to identify Kansas City, Missouri’s strengths and opportunities. The LaunchKC initiative is designed to provide policy and marketing guidance for a sector specific recruitment and expansion initiative that will qualitatively change the perception of Kansas City’s capabilities for emerging innovation technology companies, and for public sector incentives. Most of the past and current innovation technology activity has had an “epicenter” in the Crossroads area of downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The function of LaunchKC is to focus the attention of new and emerging firms to Kansas City on the Crossroads area (and the greater downtown) as a specific area that currently provides exceptional data transmission capabilities, a youth-oriented quality of life, and a reputation for creativity.
For more information, visit the LaunchKC website.
- RT @erikbergrud: "This city (@KCMO) has both hidden and visible saints." ~ 2016 World Citizen of the Year Abdul Bakar who received a… https://t.co/y0dSbNHAc1, 9 hours ago
- Thanks to @MarkOneElecCo for snapping a few photos of our table at tonight's @UN dinner! #InternationalBiz #KCMO https://t.co/Ca14gCoW7Y, 10 hours ago
- RT @MarkOneElecCo: Proud to support the resettlement of #refugees into #KansasCity at tonight's #UnitedNationsDinner w @MayorSlyJames… https://t.co/6MY8rSEFeY, 10 hours ago
- RT @MayorSlyJames: At @UnionStationKC to announce a new partnership with @Zipcar - the world leader in car sharing for downtown KC! Wh… https://t.co/I3YEwBAHek, 13 hours ago