- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Kansas City is Boosting Tech Start-Ups!
How can Kansas City help tech startups?
What is LaunchKC? LaunchKC is a series of initiatives by the City of Kansas City, Missouri, in partnership with local businesses, to develop startup companies in downtown Kansas City.
LaunchKC is the culmination of months of meetings with successful IT entrepreneurs, and civic and business leaders to identify Kansas City, Missouri’s strengths and opportunities. The LaunchKC initiative is designed to provide policy and marketing guidance for a sector specific recruitment and expansion initiative that will qualitatively change the perception of Kansas City’s capabilities for emerging innovation technology companies, and for public sector incentives. Most of the past and current innovation technology activity has had an “epicenter” in the Crossroads area of downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The function of LaunchKC is to focus the attention of new and emerging firms to Kansas City on the Crossroads area (and the greater downtown) as a specific area that currently provides exceptional data transmission capabilities, a youth-oriented quality of life, and a reputation for creativity.
For more information, visit the LaunchKC website.
- #KCProud RT @ScaleUPKC: Will #KC become the USA's most entrepreneurial city? #Progress report: https://t.co/gG0aTSviqa #WeCreateKC, 11 hours ago
- MT @MayorSlyJames: Hey #NBA! Bring the #NBAALLSTARGAME to #kansascity and the #SprintCenter! We would welcome you!!, 13 hours ago
- #SmartCities agree! MT @thinkbigKC: Why U.S. #Manufacturers Need to Increase Their Use of #IoT https://t.co/CO2oHHrWiX, 20 hours ago
- Checking out @CorriganStation progress from the @kcstreetcar stop. #HowWeDoKC https://t.co/zwbDlKVo2p, Jul 23