- Contact Us
Skilled Labor and Workforce Programs in Kansas City, Missouri
From brainpower to electric power, here are some key factors that make Kansas City a great place to find quality employees:
- Kansas City, Missouri is at the center of a metro area that has a labor force of more than 1 million and total area population of more than 2 million.
- 32% of the metro area population has a four-year degree – 5% higher than the national average
- Each year, the Kansas City job market is a magnet for more than 100,000 college graduates from regional colleges and universities.
- The Information Technology workforce numbers more than 34,000, and area universities and colleges produce more than 1,000 IT graduates each year.
- Kansas City is looking to the future by investing in the 21st century workforce, including programs and initiatives supporting training and education for target industries like technology, engineering, manufacturing, and life sciences.
- Our city offers a diverse workforce with the qualities and skills many companies are looking for to compete in the global marketplace.
Missouri Customized Training Program
The Missouri Customized Training Program helps new or expanding businesses recruit and train for newly created jobs. The program provides for retraining of existing workforces who require new skills due to changes in technology, products or services, or to improve quality and productivity. Job training allowances are available to qualifying businesses:
- Up to 100 percent of the company’s classroom training costs can be reimbursed and,
- Up to 50 percent of an eligible trainee’s wages for employees participating in on-the-job training at the work site may be reimbursed.
New Jobs Training Program
A portion of the withholding tax (approx. 2.5% for the first 100 jobs) generated by a new employer for approximately 8 years is used to generate a bond that can be used to offset training costs.
- Are you an entrepreneur with a lean budget? The EDC is offering tickets to the Cornerstone Awards at a reduced price. Get your tickets..., 6 hours ago
- $78 millon, 12-story office building proposed for Plaza area by Block Real Estate http://t.co/FuGz8ku9RB, Mar 11
- .@UMKCBloch's Executive Hall has been recognized as a Cornerstone Finalist! Learn more about the building here: http://t.co/UrmLSdWD3Z., Mar 11
- EDC board member Rosana Privitera Biondo recognized in @KCBizJournal's Power 100 http://t.co/4x1CoJiZ7v., Mar 10
- KCMO visitors can now pay for parking with a mobile parking app!By EDCKC Staff on March 1, 2014
- Nonprofits Are Among the Fastest-Growing Sources of New JobsBy EDCKC Staff on February 16, 2014