- Contact Us
Skilled Labor and Workforce Programs in Kansas City, Missouri
From brainpower to electric power, here are some key factors that make Kansas City a great place to find quality employees:
- Kansas City, Missouri is at the center of a metro area that has a labor force of more than 1 million and total area population of more than 2 million.
- 32% of the metro area population has a four-year degree – 5% higher than the national average
- Each year, the Kansas City job market is a magnet for more than 100,000 college graduates from regional colleges and universities.
- The Information Technology workforce numbers more than 34,000, and area universities and colleges produce more than 1,000 IT graduates each year.
- Kansas City is looking to the future by investing in the 21st century workforce, including programs and initiatives supporting training and education for target industries like technology, engineering, manufacturing, and life sciences.
- Our city offers a diverse workforce with the qualities and skills many companies are looking for to compete in the global marketplace.
Missouri Customized Training Program
The Missouri Customized Training Program helps new or expanding businesses recruit and train for newly created jobs. The program provides for retraining of existing workforces who require new skills due to changes in technology, products or services, or to improve quality and productivity. Job training allowances are available to qualifying businesses:
- Up to 100 percent of the company’s classroom training costs can be reimbursed and,
- Up to 50 percent of an eligible trainee’s wages for employees participating in on-the-job training at the work site may be reimbursed.
New Jobs Training Program
A portion of the withholding tax (approx. 2.5% for the first 100 jobs) generated by a new employer for approximately 8 years is used to generate a bond that can be used to offset training costs.
- Invitations for the 2014 Cornerstone Awards have been sent! Click here to register: http://t.co/cAxTqJBYu9. http://t.co/Yn9U4jA1uV, 56 mins ago
- RT @JEDunn: We're breaking ground on One Light! The first new residential tower in downtown since 1976 http://t.co/jvekad69Ot, 17 hours ago
- #KansasCity ranked among the top 20 U.S. metros when it came to adding young adults. http://t.co/mVdGtB5BrR (@KCStar), 21 hours ago
- RT @VisitKC: #EarthDay Any City of Kansas City, Missouri construction project has to be built to LEED silver standard: http://t.co/7y92Dx8jj4, 21 hours ago