- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- .@CharityCatholic #StMichaels #Veterans Ctr Phase II almost done! #KCProud https://t.co/vUtkyj3eYX #homesforvets https://t.co/Ftx31PLTw2, 5 hours ago
- MT @MarkOneElecCo: Wow MT @TomGerend: Before photo @1914_Main #KCstreetcar Powerful reminder of how far we've come https://t.co/KbeqhhNuFl, 7 hours ago
- MT @MarkOneElecCo: MT @mcmanuskc: New crosswalks 75th/Wornall looking great! Thx @kcmo publicworks @EverythingWaldo https://t.co/Yycl2wjdU9, 7 hours ago
- Extending a warm welcome to our new #Business #Development Officers- Cathleen Flournoy & Jamilah Jones! https://t.co/rIXIM0abTG #KC, 15 hours ago