- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- RT @VML: Less than three hours. #TakeTheCrown @Royals http://t.co/sR0jqkIVa9, 23 mins ago
- Celebrate the start of fall by attending the annual Harvest Fest at the Governor's Mansion on Oct. 4! http://t.co/iJBtduCWdi, 4 hours ago
- RT @KCBizJournal #Chiefs fans set new record for loudest outdoor stadium during #MNF game http://t.co/uePhslEhg7, 4 hours ago
- .@TBCoworking is thinking BIG with plans to continue growing #KC into the most entrepreneurial city in the country: http://t.co/yHHsj2BUQE, 7 hours ago
- Think Big Partners is thinking BIG with 75% more space for entrepreneurs!By EDCKC Staff on September 27, 2014
- Bringing New Life to Historic Buildings in Kansas CityBy EDCKC Staff on September 19, 2014