- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- The EDC office will be closed on #MemorialDay Monday. Have a great holiday weekend fans!, 4 hours ago
- RT @feastmag: Taverna, the newly renovated bar & chef’s table at @lidiaskc is now open https://t.co/42bvnjccBH https://t.co/zXeu43Txu3, 11 hours ago
- RT @ScottKCMO: #kcwx https://t.co/q9bNp5Spro, May 26
- RT @JasonGrill: Kansas City is one of only 17 US cities to have a symphony, opera and ballet. #KC #KCMO, May 26
- Congratulations to the 10 Cornerstone 2016 Award Winners!By EDCKC Staff on May 2, 2016