- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- RT @ithinkKC: MT @AshlieHand: @MayorSlyJames and @GovJayNixon welcoming @TriWest and 500 new jobs to #KC. http://t.co/ZzImI72fGI, 7 hours ago
- RT @GovJayNixon: Proud to join @MayorSlyJames @PlatteEDC & @EDCKC to announce opening of @TriWest Healthcare & 500 new jobs http://t.co/0YoGJaE9ha, 7 hours ago
- #KansasCity ranked #10 on @HuffingtonPost 's list of "Top Ten Cities for Creatives": http://t.co/5TgN2nPybx http://t.co/JblJa8ktbZ, 8 hours ago
- Why should international companies do business in KC? We've got a few reasons: http://t.co/JNn34GVB88 #GlobalBusiness http://t.co/zX8e4CfNbN, 13 hours ago
- Historical Building Highlight: iCON Architecture + FabricationBy EDCKC Staff on July 26, 2015
- We Have International Business Resources At The EDC!By EDCKC Staff on July 20, 2015