- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- #KCProud RT @ScaleUPKC: Will #KC become the USA's most entrepreneurial city? #Progress report: https://t.co/gG0aTSviqa #WeCreateKC, 5 hours ago
- MT @MayorSlyJames: Hey #NBA! Bring the #NBAALLSTARGAME to #kansascity and the #SprintCenter! We would welcome you!!, 7 hours ago
- #SmartCities agree! MT @thinkbigKC: Why U.S. #Manufacturers Need to Increase Their Use of #IoT https://t.co/CO2oHHrWiX, 14 hours ago
- Checking out @CorriganStation progress from the @kcstreetcar stop. #HowWeDoKC https://t.co/zwbDlKVo2p, Jul 23