- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- RT @RuKCMO: Pete Fullerton @EDCKC double down on @godowntownkc revitalization celebrating the Cosby Hotel http://t.co/xTIMopdrtu, 3 hours ago
- .@Brightergy will move its HQ across Main Street, stay in the Crossroads (via @KCBizJournal) http://t.co/bN1P10Bipv, 11 hours ago
- From the EDC Blog: @iKC2014 Wrap-Up http://t.co/rUW0Df19lk @KCSourceLink @SiliconPrairie @thinkbigkc #iKC2014, Aug 27
- RT @vaupelKCBJ: Discover 3 #KCAnimalHealth companies you should know about: http://t.co/KqlkBLXK4r #KCbiz, Aug 27