- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- RT @1MillionCups: New eBook from @KauffmanFDN @rooseveltinst discusses the economy in 25 yrs https://t.co/T1BSlqCLIz https://t.co/5ShOzCVt3t, 9 hours ago
- RT @KCMO: The first phase of #SmartCityKC is a more than $15 million public-private partnership, the first eco-devo for @kcstreetcar line., 10 hours ago
- Don't forget to vote for your favorite #KCCornerstone project by 5/10! #PeoplesChoice https://t.co/TIIovFlDXg, 10 hours ago
- RT @portofkc: Taking a ride on the Streetcar! Ready for the big opening! #kcstreetcar #timetoride https://t.co/I8yRrO1wKg, 11 hours ago
- Congratulations to the 10 Cornerstone 2016 Award Winners!By EDCKC Staff on May 2, 2016
- Mayor James Welcomes Fourth National Conference On MicrogridsBy EDCKC Staff on April 20, 2016