- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- EDC Newsletter incl. updates from: @FSWarehouse @ECCOSelectCorp @KCPortAuthority @godowntownkc @NASCONetwork @iKC2014 http://t.co/aKddJJNFcf, 7 hours ago
- News from the EDC: http://t.co/07UP3Z9vvL. Haven't signed up to receive the newsletter yet? Click here: http://t.co/LqznkAgaia., 8 hours ago
- RT @KCMODowntown: #TBT Federal Reserve Bank construction in 1921. Truman had an office here before he left for DC in '53 #KansasCity http://t.co/5OxOUeurs7, 9 hours ago
- RT @AreaDevelopment: Aviation Technical Services Opens Facility At Kansas City International Airport http://t.co/nOI3LRskfG #econdev @MoEcoDevo @ithinkKC @EDCKC, 14 hours ago
- KCMO announces joint effort to revitalize Historic NortheastBy EDCKC Staff on July 28, 2014