- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Rehabilitation or new construction of a single family owner-occupied residence located within an existing Urban Renewal Area may qualify for real property tax abatement.
Tax abatement freezes the existing real property taxes for ten years after completion of the project. Although the County will continue to reassess the value of the house, the amount of real property taxes will not change during the 10-year term of the tax abatement. Note: At the end of the tax abatement period, real property taxes will resume at the assessed value at that time.
- $30 if total project costs are $5,000 to $25,000
- $130 if total project costs are $25,000 or more
- RT @kcpolice: Please come join us at new East Patrol, Lab, 1-6:30 tomorrow for tours of areas not usually open to public. https://t.co/LGyH6FM4Ph, 3 hours ago
- Redevelopers near deal for Westport Square buildings: https://t.co/8BdGM1gxHo via @KCBizJournal, 3 hours ago
- View all current bid listings on the #EDCKC website: https://t.co/uy6Wl5dt7d https://t.co/8mX6R78uU6, 7 hours ago
- #KC is a top Digital City by employing one of nation's most creative attempts to engage citizens through open data: https://t.co/2KqyPQQ7hP, 23 hours ago