- Contact Us
Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority
TROOST-EMANUEL CLEAVER II STUDY
LCRA incentives are designed to encourage investment and assist in the removal of blight and blighting conditions within urban renewal areas. The powers of LCRA are exercised by its Board of Commissioners who are citizens of the city and appointed by the mayor.
How the Program Works
Possible LCRA Project Assistance:
- Up to 100% real property tax abatement freeze on property improvements for up to 10 years
- Bond Financing
- Power of Eminent Domain
Projects must be physically located within an Urban Renewal Area.Projects must also be in accordance with the use and design plans of the associated Urban Renewal Plan.
LCRA staff and the Board of Commissioners will review project plans for conformance with the urban renewal plan, including building use and design elements appropriate to the surrounding neighborhoods.
LCRA is a public body corporate and politic, created pursuant to Section 99.300 to 99.715 RSMo, and activated by the City Council of Kansas City, Missouri, by Ordinance Number 16120 and adopted on November 21, 1951.
- EDC board member Rosana Privitera Biondo recognized in @KCBizJournal's Power 100 http://t.co/4x1CoJiZ7v., 18 hours ago
- MT @lightedge Did you know @SubTropolis (home of our KC data center) is supported by over 10k limestone pillars 6x stronger than concrete?, Mar 10
- Meet and mingle with local #entrepreneurs at the @thinkbigkc Startup Waffles event 3/28 http://t.co/F8AwcDVPCE, Mar 9
- .@AleHouseKC opens in Westport District, bringing life to former Streetside Records building http://t.co/TT48QfgqII, Mar 8
- KCMO visitors can now pay for parking with a mobile parking app!By EDCKC Staff on March 1, 2014
- Nonprofits Are Among the Fastest-Growing Sources of New JobsBy EDCKC Staff on February 16, 2014