- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority
LCRA incentives are designed to encourage investment and assist in the removal of blight and blighting conditions within urban renewal areas. The powers of LCRA are exercised by its Board of Commissioners who are citizens of the city and appointed by the mayor.
How the Program Works
Possible LCRA Project Assistance:
- Up to 100% real property tax abatement freeze on property improvements for up to 10 years
- Bond Financing
- Power of Eminent Domain
Projects must be physically located within an Urban Renewal Area.Projects must also be in accordance with the use and design plans of the associated Urban Renewal Plan.
LCRA staff and the Board of Commissioners will review project plans for conformance with the urban renewal plan, including building use and design elements appropriate to the surrounding neighborhoods.
LCRA is a public body corporate and politic, created pursuant to Section 99.300 to 99.715 RSMo, and activated by the City Council of Kansas City, Missouri, by Ordinance Number 16120 and adopted on November 21, 1951.
- Interested in #globalbusiness? Here's a list of upcoming events: https://t.co/lB5hXpjM81 #KCbiz, 12 hours ago
- RT @ithinkkc: RT @KCSmartPort: Updated Interactive Report on #KansasCity Downtown Development Boom https://t.co/KH59aDTMos @KCStar #KCRising, 17 hours ago
- .@TheWWImuseum has online database of #digitalrecords dating back to 1920! https://t.co/95UX5ZCZVq #MemorialDay, May 30
- Remembering our heroes this #memorialday @TheWWImuseum https://t.co/uBUoTAvOER, May 30
- Congratulations to the 10 Cornerstone 2016 Award Winners!By EDCKC Staff on May 2, 2016