- Contact Us
Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority
LCRA incentives are designed to encourage investment and assist in the removal of blight and blighting conditions within urban renewal areas. The powers of LCRA are exercised by its Board of Commissioners who are citizens of the city and appointed by the mayor.
How the Program Works
Possible LCRA Project Assistance:
- Up to 100% real property tax abatement freeze on property improvements for up to 10 years
- Bond Financing
- Power of Eminent Domain
Projects must be physically located within an Urban Renewal Area.Projects must also be in accordance with the use and design plans of the associated Urban Renewal Plan.
LCRA staff and the Board of Commissioners will review project plans for conformance with the urban renewal plan, including building use and design elements appropriate to the surrounding neighborhoods.
LCRA is a public body corporate and politic, created pursuant to Section 99.300 to 99.715 RSMo, and activated by the City Council of Kansas City, Missouri, by Ordinance Number 16120 and adopted on November 21, 1951.
- ICYMI: Find out who went home with a #KCCornerstone Award last week: http://t.co/MMl3Tla4Cv #BeyondBuilding http://t.co/8OL87KLSfd, 15 hours ago
- $900K raise will help kick-start DST spinoff @Moblico's growth phase: http://t.co/HiWI5DDBse #techKC, 17 hours ago
- RT @OneLightKC: Thx @MayorSlyJames for being here on this exciting day! #ToppingOut #OneLightKc http://t.co/ie8aeMduuS, 18 hours ago
- .@VML's CEO Jon Cook: KC is 'our heartbeat, our pulse': http://t.co/BgETGpbQT5 http://t.co/7DyfMEAned, 21 hours ago
- Congratulations To The 2015 Cornerstone Award Winners!By EDCKC Staff on May 21, 2015