- Contact Us
Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority
TROOST-EMANUEL CLEAVER II STUDY
LCRA incentives are designed to encourage investment and assist in the removal of blight and blighting conditions within urban renewal areas. The powers of LCRA are exercised by its Board of Commissioners who are citizens of the city and appointed by the mayor.
How the Program Works
Possible LCRA Project Assistance:
- Up to 100% real property tax abatement freeze on property improvements for up to 10 years
- Bond Financing
- Power of Eminent Domain
Projects must be physically located within an Urban Renewal Area.Projects must also be in accordance with the use and design plans of the associated Urban Renewal Plan.
LCRA staff and the Board of Commissioners will review project plans for conformance with the urban renewal plan, including building use and design elements appropriate to the surrounding neighborhoods.
LCRA is a public body corporate and politic, created pursuant to Section 99.300 to 99.715 RSMo, and activated by the City Council of Kansas City, Missouri, by Ordinance Number 16120 and adopted on November 21, 1951.
- RT @aalonzoKCBJ: KC officials: $1B invested in #DowntownKC since streetcar approved http://t.co/sZnq8rKnuK, 22 hours ago
- Check out this great aerial video of Kansas City from @BlueRiverDrones: http://t.co/1O1N5tNVbC, Jan 31
- Kansas City officials said more than $1 billion has been invested in Downtown since December 2012: http://t.co/HEoenyInNo, Jan 31
- The EDC offices have a bird's eye view of the @OneLightKC construction: http://t.co/WwC2Jte2Cx @KCPLDistrict #GrowKC http://t.co/n3S3WCgTKX, Jan 30
- Congratulations to the 2015 Cornerstone Finalists!By EDCKC Staff on January 15, 2015
- KC Downtown Council Annual Luncheon Wrap-Up: EDC / DTC Unveil New PartnershipBy EDCKC Staff on January 11, 2015