- Contact Us
Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority
LCRA incentives are designed to encourage investment and assist in the removal of blight and blighting conditions within urban renewal areas. The powers of LCRA are exercised by its Board of Commissioners who are citizens of the city and appointed by the mayor.
How the Program Works
Possible LCRA Project Assistance:
- Up to 100% real property tax abatement freeze on property improvements for up to 10 years
- Bond Financing
- Power of Eminent Domain
Projects must be physically located within an Urban Renewal Area.Projects must also be in accordance with the use and design plans of the associated Urban Renewal Plan.
LCRA staff and the Board of Commissioners will review project plans for conformance with the urban renewal plan, including building use and design elements appropriate to the surrounding neighborhoods.
LCRA is a public body corporate and politic, created pursuant to Section 99.300 to 99.715 RSMo, and activated by the City Council of Kansas City, Missouri, by Ordinance Number 16120 and adopted on November 21, 1951.
- RT @godowntownkc: .@kcstreetcar 'Party at the Platform' set for Friday: http://t.co/cHzT9Wgj9M http://t.co/gMMVXOOHXg, 15 hours ago
- Help us celebrate the economic vitality of @KCMO at the #KCCornerstone Awards: http://t.co/TFbasMASJ4 #BeyondBuilding http://t.co/oyAHbl8uCw, 21 hours ago
- Save the date! How KC Technology Impacts International Business: #WorldTradeDayKC is May 20, at @TBCoworking via @KCPortAuthority, 23 hours ago
- RT @thinkbigKC 3 Ways Kansas City Tech Advanced Thanks to Being First to @googlefiber http://t.co/aIibFwyIkY via @nextcityorg, Apr 19
- Historic Building Showcase: The Globe / Think Big BuildingBy EDCKC Staff on March 29, 2015
- EDC Hires Manager For AdvanceKC Incentive ProcessesBy EDCKC Staff on March 27, 2015
- The Sprint Mobile Accelerator Launches Head First into Mentor MadnessBy EDCKC Staff on March 20, 2015