- Contact Us
Clyde R. McQueen serves as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Midwest region’s premier job training and placement enterprise, the Full Employment Council (FEC) – Missouri Career Center. Since 1987, FEC has been the planning and operations entity for two Workforce Investment Boards, serving five counties and the City of Kansas City, Missouri. He directs a staff of 100+ employees and administers an $18 million budget for job training, education and economic development activities.
“People would call me/my company if they need help with employment and training opportunities in the Greater Kansas City region,” says McQueen. “We serve clients in Jackson, Cass, Clay, Platte, and Ray Counties.”
FEC provides staff support to two Workforce Investment Boards and three Advisory Boards to aid in the design and implementation of the employment programs. FEC directs program activities for rural, urban and suburban populations and has been featured in national and local publications for its program effectiveness and innovation.
When asked to tell us something most people don’t know about him, McQueen revealed that he was born in Los Angeles, California and grew up in Texas. He and his dad own a tree farm.
“One thing I love about Kansas City is that it is a welcoming community,” says McQueen. “Close to 2.2 million residents benefit from the resources and opportunities of a diverse and vast community comprised of the arts, an extensive and creative entrepreneurial sector, innovative thinking, and an unmatched philanthropic spirit that positions us to be leaders in the 21st century global community. Economic Development in Kansas City Missouri is important because it creates opportunities for our businesses to grow and expand. It creates career opportunities for our citizenry that enables them to raise families and create future opportunities for our youth in the entrepreneurial and employment sectors of our region.”
McQueen has received numerous awards and recognitions including “Professional of the Year” by the Missouri Association of Workforce Development, “Local Hero” and “100 Most Influential Kansas Citians” by Ingram’s Magazine, “Job Training Professional for the Year” by the National Alliance of Business, “Distinguished Service Award” by the Texas Association of SDA Administrators and “Top State Manager” by the State of Texas.
Clyde holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Speech Communications and Political Science from Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. He completed the Top State Manager’s Executive Education Program at Duke University. He currently serves as President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, Workforce Development Council and is a member of the Clay County Economic Development Corporation, Research Medical Center Board, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Board, Local Initiatives Support Corporation Advisory Board, United Way Income Impact Council, Federal Reserve Bank Community Development Council and Alliance for Economic Inclusion, and the United Services Community Action Agency Board.
- Tagged: Board of Directors, Economic development kansas city, economic development kc, Employment Kansas City, kansas city economic development
Startups: Made in Kansas City
- The Sprint Mobile Accelerator Launches Head First into Mentor Madness
- Request for Qualifications for Development Finance Consultant Services
- Bob Langenkamp has been named CEO of the EDC
- Kansas City Is Growing A New Skyline!
- Grand Opening Of Think Big Coworking Space Represents Growing Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In KC
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (5)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (5)
- October 2014 (4)
- September 2014 (4)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (5)
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (7)
- August 2013 (8)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (7)
- May 2013 (9)
- April 2013 (8)
- March 2013 (7)
- February 2013 (7)
- January 2013 (4)
- December 2012 (4)
- November 2012 (1)
- Tom's Town Distillery, a craft distillery, is expected to debut at 1701 Main St. in late 2015: http://t.co/FuvVQ0N10p http://t.co/X0yZ665cCS, 6 hours ago
- RT @MayorSlyJames: State of the City 2015 is one week from TODAY! Will you be there?! RSVP now: http://t.co/fGP8gzWFl1 #SOTCKC http://t.co/sbP3k7049X, 23 hours ago
- .@SprintAccel launches head first into #MentorMadness! Meet the 2015 class of startups: http://t.co/guDXSj1Z4r http://t.co/xM50yliiTD, Mar 25
- RT @KCMO: A week from today, @MayorSlyJames will give his State of the City Address at @KCStarlight at 11am: http://t.co/Wz1SQiMpHM #SOTCKC, Mar 25
- The Sprint Mobile Accelerator Launches Head First into Mentor MadnessBy EDCKC Staff on March 23, 2015