Administrator: Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City (EDCKC)
Program: CARES Act Clay County Grant, Phase 3 (administered by EDCKC)
The application period for this phase has closed.
The Clay County Kansas City Missouri CARES Act Grant Fund will provide funding to help small businesses in Clay County located within the city limits of Kansas City Missouri, to provide operational expenses during this unprecedented period of economic stress due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. 12 companies will receive a $30,000 unrestricted grant.
For decades, EDCKC has assisted and supported small businesses in the community. EDCKC has partnered with the City of Kansas City Missouri and Clay County Economic Development Council to assist small businesses seeking financial relief from the adverse economic and market conditions created by the COVID-19 crisis.
Grant terms include:
Grant amount $30,000.
- Private, for profit businesses
- Must employ 2-75 full time or part time employees (either W-2 or 1099 contractors), not including any business owner(s) or part-owner(s).
- Small businesses deemed “non-essential” and/or disproportionately impacted by public health restrictions. These businesses are generally described as follows: retail, food service, entertainment, personal service, and hospitality, healthcare not directly involved in the COVID-19 response, transportation, and fitness industries. Home-based businesses with a current KCMO Business License are eligible.
- Business must be in KCMO. Communities such as: North Kansas City, Gladstone, Liberty, Kearney and Excelsior Springs are excluded.
- Business must be in Clay County Missouri.
- Not for political activities, private clubs, financing/investment companies, or a business in which a state, local or federal elected official, or employee of City has ownership.
- Businesses that have received Clay County CARES Act grant funding are excluded.
- Other criteria may apply.
- For program information call 816-303-9149, or email GrantsKC@edckc.com
- 12 applications will be approved for funding by the Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City, Missouri.
- Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City will accept applications until 11:59pm on 11/30/2020. Winners will be notified on 12/4/2020.
Map of Kansas City, MO within Clay County