At EDCKC, we believe a strong entrepreneurial business community is one of the critical components of a healthy economy. Because of that, our team was instrumental in founding LaunchKC and continues to support its growth over time with the goal being to both support local startups as well as attract new startups to KCMO.
In its second year, Fountain City FinTech (FCFT), one of the three unique LaunchKC accelerator verticals held a successful Demo Day celebration on October 15th.
FCFT, sponsored by NBKC bank, is a program designed to forge mutually beneficial partnerships between startups and the bank. NBKC, along with industry experts, support with a 75-day sprint to help the selected cohorts achieve their business goals.
Some of the cohort members that presented on October 15th included:
- Pluto Money — Tim Yu, Susie Kim and Dante Monaldo — Mobile banking for Gen Z
- Nav.it — Erin Papworth — Financial empowerment platform for women
- SteadiPay — Anthony Strike and Chad Kalebic – Optimizing cash and credit management for small businesses
- Chipper — Tony Aguilar and Keith Pattison – Student loan advisor
- Griffin — Donald Hawkins – Mobile marketing and data analytics
With Demo Day now behind them, the cohort companies will continue to receive helpful introductions, business advice and general guidance as-needed on their journey to grow their businesses and make their mark in the world of FinTech.
Two additional demo days are also on the horizon, the Black & Veatch IgniteX Cleantech Accelerator Demo Day will be on November 13th, click here for more details and the Launch Health Accelerator powered by Nueterra Capital will be on November 20th, click here for more details.