- Business Resources
- Development and Revitalization
- Growth Areas
- International Business
- Contact Us
Agencies affiliated with the EDC operate under the EDC’s management and facilities
TIF is a development tool that allows a portion of both future real property taxes and economic activity taxes to pay for some costs of the projects that would not be feasible without TIF assistance.
LCRA removes blight and encourages redevelopment within designated urban renewal areas by providing property tax abatements, issuing bonds and assisting with land assembly.
EEZ provides incentives such as state tax credits and local tax abatement to businesses that locate or grow their operations within a defined geographical area.
Chapter 353 provides tax abatement to incent removal of blight through renovation/new construction.
Industrial Development Authority (IDA) is the agency responsible for issuing tax-exempt development bonds for many types of projects.
PIEA incentives encourage investment and remove blight and blighting conditions within PIEA Plan Areas.
DESA allocates new state revenue to be redirected for projects and revitalizes the urban core to provide a stimulus for the Missouri economy.
EDC Loan Corporation is a non-profit corporation that specializes in the origination and underwriting of 504 loans in partnership with third party lenders.
- Business Resources
- Current Bid Listings
- Development Application
- Downtown Economic Stimulus Authority (DESA)
- EDC Loan Corporation
- Enhanced Enterprise Zone Boards (EEZ)
- Industrial Development Authority
- Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority (LCRA)
- Planned Industrial Expansion Authority
- Tax Increment Financing Commission (TIF)
- EDC Partners
- RT @athenaleague: Happy Birthday us! 🍾 A BIG #ThankYou to our sponsors: @missouribank @EDCKC @BBBSKC #Athenas https://t.co/AfA0SuKsfB, 1 hour ago
- #TBT 15th & Grand in #KCMO in 1922! #KCProud https://t.co/HTKeOQLK3D, 6 hours ago
- .@CenterPointProp points out #opportunity to restore #rail access to the site would be sizable cost savings too. #SKCLunch, 7 hours ago
- .@CenterPointProp says Federal funds are expected to be allocated in 2017 to clean up #BannisterFedComplex https://t.co/BBnMUcUsa8, 7 hours ago
- Advocacy Council Addresses Economic Development ChallengesBy EDCKC Staff on October 12, 2016
- International Business In Kansas City, Missouri Continues to Gain Traction!By EDCKC Staff on September 29, 2016