The Planned Industrial Expansion Authority (PIEA) offers incentives to encourage investment to remove blight and blighting conditions within PIEA planning areas.
Click here to view map of PIEA planning areas
Choose the “Layers” drop down menu in the upper right corner, scroll down to PIEA and click on that box (click on Layers again to close menu).
Project assistance may include:
- Up to 25 years of tax abatement
- Sales tax exemption on construction materials during the construction process
- Power of eminent domain
To learn more about the PIEA, please contact David Macoubrie, executive director.
The powers of PIEA are exercised by its board of commissioners who are citizens of Kansas City, Missouri and are appointed by the mayor.
- Tom Porto, chairman
- Ben Pepper, vice chairman
- Jay Wilson, treasurer
- David Macoubrie, executive director/assistant secretary
- Lee Barnes, Jr., secretary
- Kevin O'Neill, assistant treasurer
- Demona Manlove-Toney
- Mark Molner
- Matt Mauer
- Dre Taylor
- David Valdiviezo
- Jenny Johnson
- Andrea Flinders
- LaDonna Gooden
- Miranda Davis
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW AND WE WILL GET IN TOUCH