From the Urban Youth Baseball Academy that’s bringing baseball and mentoring to the city’s urban youth to an 85,000-square-foot state-of-the-art Cerner Innovations campus, the 2018 Cornerstone Award winners are helping to build the future Kansas City, Missouri.
Join us in congratulating the winners of the 2018 Cornerstone Awards recognizing new construction, redevelopment, capital investment, job creation and expansion projects in Kansas City, Missouri. The winners were celebrated at our annual Cornerstone Awards event on May 15, 2018 at Kansas City’s Union Station.
Congratulations to the 2018 Cornerstone award winners:
- Cable Dahmer Headquarters and Collision Center
- Cerner Innovations Campus
- Hotel Indigo & Fairfax Lofts
- Hunt Midwest SubTropolis Animal Health Corridor
- Kansas City Urban Youth Academy
- Linwood YMCA/James B. Nutter Sr. Community Center
- NBKC Bank
- Plexpod at Westport Commons
- Spring Venture Group
- Urban Café KC
In addition, UMKC Chancellor Emeritus Leo Morton was awarded the Lifetime Achievement award and the following organizations were recognized for work on special projects:
- Amazon HQ2 Proposal – Barkley, VML and Xact Technologies
- KCPL — Clean Charge Network and KCPL Connect
- A Better KCI — Platte County EDC, Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce, Kansas City Area Development Council, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce and The Dover Group
- People’s Choice Award – Veterans Community Tiny Homes Project
All winners were showcased at the event that featured interactive booths, comments from Mayor Sly James and Leo Morton, live music and a networking reception.
Thank you to all our sponsors, partners, winners and attendees who helped make this year’s Cornerstone Awards a huge success!
To see a list of all the finalists, click here.